Thursday, September 27, 2012

Re-Inspired

I went on an amazing vacation to Singapore and Indonesia late August where fashion and culture were effortlessly incorporated into everyday life. The beautiful landscapes of Bali, Lombok and Gili set a backdrop for colourful  sarongs, handmade offerings and intricate temples. While Singapore felt like traveling to a place180 degrees from Indonesia - it was like one big meticulously clean shopping mall where everyone was dressed in current seasons of big name luxury designers.

Coming back to Toronto, I had many ideas for blog posts and outfits but getting off the plane and executing them was a different story. The inspiration had melted away with the weather and neither TIFF nor NYFW showed me anything as exciting or organic as what I had seen abroad. Dressing has become difficult with the changing weather and the stores are restocked with full price fall items that seem a little bit out of reach with my new saving goals.

In an effort to become re-inspired and creative again, I've decided to share some pictures from my travels hoping to reignite my blogging flame.

Ubud Palace, Bali

Spring Water Temple, Bali
Roosters ready for an offering, Ubud, Bali
Balinese Masks
Religious Offerings
I came back with way too many bracelets
Our hotel in Seminyak, Bali
Dark volcanic ash beaches in Lombok, Indonesia
Sunset in Bali
Beach at Seminyak, Bali
Rice paddies in Ubud, Bali
Balinese Dance
I also came back with way too many sarongs
Singapore at night from Marina Bay Sands Hotel

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing in the orange print sarong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto kat!

    i will willingly take a sarong or two off your hands.

    now i want to go to Bali..

    ReplyDelete