Tuesday, October 2, 2012

25 Liberty

fall off the bone beef short rib
As soon as a new restaurant, cafe or bar opens up in Liberty Village, I feel as though it's my neighbourly duty to visit it as soon as I can. Last Thursday a few friends and I met up and ate at the newest fine dining establishment, 25 Liberty. We didn't know what to expect though, since the website doesn't have much on it yet except for their phone number.

Like most buildings in Liberty, the exterior is worn brick while the interior is fully renovated with modern decor. The new restaurant fire seems to be starting to spread, it was fairly empty for dinner around 8pm but a bit more popular for drinks around 10pm. I'm sure if it were summer time, the patio would be busy with people ordering from their extensive wine list.

A friend and I shared the beef short rib and the seafood spaghetti (couldn't find the exact names of the dishes). The short rib was amazing. The meat was falling off the bone even as I was splitting it in half. The seafood, on the other hand, was fresh and the sauce was flavourful but the pasta was too al dente for my taste (my friend prefers al dente pasta and said she loved it as is).

seafood spaghetti
It came to about $50 per person with a glass of wine but without any appetizer or desert. I'll definitely go back to try something new off the menu for a special occasion or an expensive date night or just to satisfy my craving for the delicious short rib!

Beautiful interior


http://www.25liberty.ca/
25 Liberty St Toronto ON M6K 3E7 
647-748-8200 (they take reservations!!!)
@25LibertyTO


No comments:

Post a Comment