Monday, October 22, 2012

Salmon Pants

I always have a dilemma on Fridays - since I work at a bank, my office isn't particularly casual Friday friendly but I've always been one to push the envelope. Wearing jeans (even dark jeans) is sometimes too obvious at rule breaking, so I like to go with coloured pants and it seems to do the trick! Also, high-waisted pants make me too hot in the summer, plus they don't work well with my after-work patio beer bloat, so I save them all for the fall. I threw on some necklaces to the work look when I got home to make it "bar-ready" for a friend's birthday.   

keepin' it real with the chalkboard wall

You'll soon realize my obsession with silk blouses (here). These American Apparel pants turned out to be great quality, I just throw them in the washer and dryer and the colour doesn't seem to fade at all. I want to get them in a forest green or a mustard too!

what do you guys think about my new Edison bulbs above my counter?
double-up the necklaces!

bought these boots at a sample sale last year just because I wanted to be over 6 feet tall
I changed into flats so I could hang with my Asian friends
shirt: Madewell // pants: American Apparel // heeled boots: American Retro // flat loafers and leather jacket: Michael Kors // neon necklace: Peacock Parade // silver necklace: vintage // hat: Wilfred // bag: Roots  



Hey You! Get the look!

24 comments:

  1. you look absolutely adorable in this outfit! love your hat and brown skinnies!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look! I just love your blouse and that great necklace! I bought the exact same but in pink from the peacock parade!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah! have you worn it in a blog post yet?

      Delete
  3. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks t, follow us with google and we'll make sure to follow you back!

      Delete
  4. thanks for the love hon, I'm following you now on bloglovin' xoxo
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome boots and jeans dear! you look so stunning and chic xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitha! love your burgundy Supra sneakers!

      follow us with google and we'll make sure to follow you back!

      Delete
  6. Those boots look amazing, sample sales are the best for items like these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously. I don`t know if I would spend the money otherwise

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. yeah dude, they still have them at aa.

      Delete
  8. oooh them trousers are niiice! you look lovely.

    i have a new post up about my big move to canada, would love to hear what you think!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eimear! Welcome to Toronto!
      Let me know if you ever have any questions about this city!

      Delete
  9. I love it! :)


    http://littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really loving your blouse and necklaces! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arden! I love silk blouses- it`s an addiction, really.

      Delete
  11. Soooo gorgeous!
    Love your style!!

    milna89.blogspot.com
    *********************

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks! I need you to tell me where I can get myself a pair of creepers!

      Delete
  13. I love your rust color pants and the neon necklace. Just found your blog and I'm now a follower. Check out my blog and join at :

    www.StyleDeLaCreme.com

    ReplyDelete