Saturday, November 10, 2012

Having my cake and eating it too

It was a sunny and beautiful day for my birthday. I received beautiful flowers from my mama bear and lots of love from some really special people in my life.
A beautiful mix of yellow and white lilies and roses.
Tip: snip off the anthers of fresh lilies so the pollen doesn't stain your clothes.

Everyone knows, the way to my heart is through food! Good golly, was I lucky this year. My favourite way to celebrate is just to be eating to my heart's content with family and friends.

Assorted macarons + cake and ice cream! love!

The following day, I was taken to Loire on Harbord and it was a delight. The service was great, the food was delicious and the ambience was quiet, but well-lit. I didn't order the fries but after tasting them, I then demanded that we share... it's my special day after all! 

Restaurants tend be going on the darker, louder trend these days... don't you think? We'd definitely go back! 

Delicious fries and veal tenderloin
The menu described the dish as a Meatball (singular) with some other things on the side. I was slightly disappointed when I received a reasonably-sized meatballs (plural), as opposed to the giant meatball I had pictured in my head. Silliness aside, the meatballs were so good! Slightly undercooked, tender and very flavourful.
meat-a-ball! and orecchiette pasta 
For the evening, I wanted to wear something casual since we were heading to watch Dan Deacon in concert after eating at Loire. I was happy to wear my colourblocked baseball shirt I picked up at Club Monaco (on sale for $59) on Thursday. It's very soft and versatile. I love the colour! It's maroon in front but is hunter green in the back, which is perfect for the fall.
Club Monaco knit top (similar: here)  // Double Zero skirt (old) (similar: here) // House of Harlow cuff // Etsy earrings  
Pulled out an old skirt from my closet
It's hunter green on the back!

Readers, do you like to celebrate your birthday? What's your favourite thing to do?

11 comments:

  1. Lovely look and great photos.
    This food looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers, the food you eat and your style!
    You are simply fabolous!!

    >>>>> milna89.blogspot.com <<<<<<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt - it billows nicely and cinched at the waist with the belt - its a great look!
    www.AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything looks so delicious!!! and beautiful outfit dear


    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos and I love the studs!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful blog, I congratulate ... really well done. I will follow you, I would like to me to be a supporter of my italian blog
    http://ragazzocomune.blogspot.it/
    http://scrivimidamore.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are gorgeous, and the macaroons look so yummy!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, those flowers an all that food looks amazing! And I love your outfit! Looks like you had a great birthday :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool top - love it!

    Glad to have just found your blog!

    Jamie
    forevereightyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit, great photos! You have so much included in just one post! Great work.

    XX Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    **only 3 more days to win a $25 American Express gift card!

    ReplyDelete